A clean house can make you happier, but it’s not always easy to keep your house clean. Between work and family stuff, it may feel like an impossible task to keep everything in order.
Therefore, a daily cleaning routine is key to maintaining a tidy home. When you have a checklist of specific cleaning tasks and areas, you’ll have your house cleaned up in no time! Not sure where to begin? We break down what homeowners need to focus on with this handy guide.
Checklist Item #1: The Kitchen
The kitchen is one room in the house where people tend to congregate. This makes it easy for the room to become cluttered and messy. After each meal, the best way to start house cleaning is through a quick run-through of this area.
- Keep any dishes out of sight. If your dishwasher is loaded, unload it and put the clean dishes in the cabinet. Fill the dishwasher with dishes from the sink. Quickly wipe the sink with a sponge when you’re done.
- Then, use the same sponge to clean the counters. If there are any leftover spills, grab a natural cleaner to wipe. Ensure the sponge is dry in both instances by draining them before use.
- Using a broom, sweep away any dust or debris on the floor. Pick up and put away anything that doesn’t belong in the kitchen. Finally, straighten the dish towels on the stove.
Checklist Item #2: The Bathroom
The bathroom is one room that you’ll need to visit more often for house cleaning. Good thing you’re still reading, as a daily clean does the trick in-between deep cleanings.
- Wipe down the counters and sink with a paper towel, soft cloth, and all-purpose cleaner. A glass cleaner is perfect for removing mirror spatters, too.
- Spot any toothbrushes, makeup, or other bathroom clutter on the counter? Put them back in the areas where they belong.
- Replace any dirty, smelly towels and straighten out any clean ones.
- You can clean your shower during your daily shower! Use a homemade spray on the shower walls to keep them sparkling after you’ve lathered yourself first.
Checklist Item #3: The Living Room
This housing area sees a lot of action throughout the day. The living room is high-tough and high traffic, so it’s easy for particles to accumulate here. A quick house cleaning will make it orderly again.
- Pick up any mismatching item that doesn’t belong and put them back in the proper places. Give the furniture a quick dusting with a microfiber cloth. If there are any spots or spills on the floor, clean them up.
- Put all the sofa cushions back in place. Fluff up and straighten out all the pillows.
- Remove, then fold, the blankets you see. Put them over the sofa or back where you store them.
- Put away any books, toys, games, or other objects that are not in their correct place. Wipe fingerprints and crumbs from the coffee table with a soft cloth or paper towel and cleaner.
- Finally, straighten up any pillows or blankets that might be out of place.
Or You Could Just Hire Queen Bee
Don’t stress yourself out with house cleaning in Seattle. Contact Queen Bee Cleaning Service right now and get services such as deep, Airbnb, move-out or -in, office cleaning, and more! Get your quote on our website!