It’s the time of year when many people are preparing for their vacations and getting ready to leave the house for a while. But before you can hit the road, there’s a crucial step you need to take care of first: house cleaning. Vacation house cleaning can be overwhelming, especially if you haven’t done it before.
Don’t worry! With this ultimate guide for pre-vacation house cleaning success, you’ll have all the information you need to ensure your home is spic and span before your departure.
Your kitchen can be one of the most difficult areas to tackle when it comes to pre-vacation cleaning. The kitchen is the hub of the home and can quickly become cluttered and disorganized. To help you prepare for your upcoming getaway, here is a pre-vacation kitchen cleaning guide to start with.
- Empty the Fridge and Freezer: Start by taking everything out of your refrigerator and freezer. Throw away any expired or spoiled food, and give the shelves and drawers a good scrub. This will ensure that you don’t come home to any unpleasant surprises.
- Wipe Down Appliances: Next, go through your kitchen appliances and give them a good wipe-down. Pay special attention to the microwave, stove, and oven, which tend to accumulate grease and grime over time.
- Clean the Counters: Make sure to give your countertops a thorough cleaning. Use a degreaser or a multi-purpose cleaner to remove any stuck-on food or grease.
- Sanitize the Sink: The sink can be a breeding ground for bacteria, so it’s important to give it a good scrub before you leave. Use a disinfectant or bleach-based cleaner to sanitize the sink and remove any nasty odors.
Whether you’re taking a much-needed break from work or just getting ready for a fun-filled family vacation, it’s important to take the time to clean your bedroom before you go thoroughly. Some things you can do are:
- Dust and Vacuum: Start by dusting all surfaces and furniture in your bedroom. Make sure to get into those hard-to-reach areas like corners and behind furniture. Once you’ve finished dusting, vacuum your bedroom to get rid of any dust or dirt that may have settled.
- Change the Sheets: Change your sheets and pillowcases, and if you’re feeling extra motivated, wash your curtains or duvet cover as well. This will give you a fresh start when you come home from your vacation.
- Organize and Declutter: Take a few minutes to organize your bedroom and eliminate any clutter that may have accumulated. This will help keep your bedroom feeling clean and spacious when you return home.
- Clean Mirrors and Windows: Take a few minutes to clean your mirrors and windows. This will help let in natural light and make your bedroom look bright and inviting.
It’s easy to forget about the bathroom when cleaning in a rush, but it’s worth your while to take the time to make sure your bathroom is clean and organized before leaving for vacation. Here’s a guide to help you get your bathroom ready for the big trip.
- Empty the Trash: Empty all of the trash cans in the bathroom, including the one in the shower. If you can, take the trash bags from the cans outside to the trash bin.
- Wipe Down Surfaces: Wipe down all surfaces, including countertops, sinks, and toilets. Use a disinfectant cleaner to get rid of any germs and bacteria.
- Clean the Shower: Scrub the shower walls and floor with a mild cleaner. If you have a shower curtain, remove it and throw it in the washing machine.
- Clean the Toilet: Scrub the toilet bowl and seat with a toilet cleaner. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
Pre-vacation house cleaning is an important task that should be taken seriously. By following these steps, you can ensure that your home is spotless and ready for your return.
If you’re looking for the best house cleaning services in Seattle, Queen Bee Cleaning Services is the partner for you. Message us for pricing and other essential information.