Residential rugs and carpets in a business location should be professionally cleaned at least once a year, if not more frequently. It’s also great to have your floors deodorized and sanitized after each visit.
If you’re concerned about expenses, you might forego professional carpet cleaning, especially if your carpeting does not appear to be unclean. This is why you might consider do-it-yourself carpet cleaning to save on costs. However, this isn’t always the optimal option.
To understand why professional carpet cleaning is essential to maintain carpets clean and extend their lives, one must first understand how carpet is made. It might also help to learn about the many carpet cleaning procedures available so you can select the best one for your house or workplace.
The Various Methods of Professional Carpet Cleaning
What makes professional or commercial carpet cleaning superior to regular vacuuming? Understanding why professional carpet cleaning is more successful and efficient helps first understand the basic cleaning methods. This information can also assist you in determining the best way to clean your rugs at home or the office.
- Steam Cleaning: It involves pushing steam into the carpet fibers using a wand or brush. This hot water aids in the removal of dirt from the rugs. The water, as well as any dislodged material, is subsequently removed.
- Rug Shampooing: This can be done using either a wand or a machine with revolving brushes. A hose employs high pressure to force water and detergent into the carpeting, while a brush scrubs the carpet fibers. After that, the shampoo, water, and debris are taken from the carpets. This procedure may need numerous extractions to ensure that all traces of shampoo are eliminated.
- Bonnet Washing: This is comparable to mopping a floor, is a sort of gentle shampooing. A wand is wrapped in a bonnet and rubbed over the top of the carpeting, along with water and detergent. The bonnet then removes the water and any debris that has been dislodged.
- Carpet Encapsulation: This is a process of dry cleaning carpets. This approach involves applying a powder detergent to the carpeting, which retains dust and dirt. The powder then begins to foam or bubble, carrying all of the trapped dirt to the top of the carpet strands with it. After that, the detergent and dirt are removed.
Rugs may also be dry cleaned using a powder placed on the carpeting and then ground in with a revolving brush. Dirt is attracted and trapped by the electricity, which is subsequently removed.
The Difference between Professional vs. DIY Carpet Cleaning
There are a few reasons why it’s best to hire a professional for carpet cleaning.
- Lack of Professional Expertise
There are typical errors that homeowners and even housekeeping staff frequently make when attempting to manage carpet cleaning on their own. Different carpet materials need specific cleaning materials and methods.
For instance, a stiff scrubbing brush might harm delicate silk materials. In contrast, absorbent cotton or wool fabrics may require a more thorough cleaning to eliminate all the dust, filth, and muck they’ve absorbed.
In addition, absorbent materials, such as cotton and wool may require further extraction to ensure that all liquid and detergent traces are gone during the cleaning procedure.
- Additional Steps Are Often Required
Other procedures must be taken, like carpets in a high-humidity area. Regular cleaning may not be advisable, so dry cleaning would be necessary. If rugs are left moist after washing, mold, and mildew can grow on the underlay or padding and spread to the structure’s subfloor.
- Different Materials Require Different Methods
Aside from methods, materials are also a great consideration. For instance, harsh detergents and shampoos can harm fragile carpet materials or the dyes used in those carpets, causing the color of the rug to be damaged or destroyed.
All these are worth getting professional cleaning services if it means you can prolong the life of your carpets. It is more expensive to replace your carpets than get a reliable, professional cleaning service that can periodically give your carpets a thorough clean.
Queen Bee Cleaning Services provides Seattle’s best deep cleaning services in Seattle, Washington. We have a trusted track record for our superior quality, affordable services, and eco-friendly cleaning solutions. Book an appointment with us today!