How To Clean Paintbrushes Like A Pro | Ask This Old House WA
Ask This Old House painter Mauro Henrique demonstrates the most effective way to clean a paintbrush
SUBSCRIBE to This Old House:
Time: 5 minutes
Skill Level: Beginner
1. Don’t over dip the paintbrush while in use. Dip the brush into the paint only about two fingers wide.
2. Begin cleaning a paintbrush immediately after use.
3. Hold the brush bristles-side-down and run it through a sink with warm water.
4. If there is still paint residue, add a little bit of soap and continue to run the brush through your fingers.
5. If there is still paint residue after that, use a scour pad and gently brush it off the bristles. Be as gently as possible to be sure the bristles aren’t damaged.
6. To dry, dap the brush on a rag and spin the brush in your hands in the sink to spin any remaining water droplets off the brush.
7. Once the brush is dry, put it back in its cover. Most paintbrushes come in a cardboard cover that can be used.
Mauro suggests that the best way to clean a paintbrush is to be as gentle as possible. He recommends using warm water, a little bit of soap, and fingers to try to clean the paintbrush off.
If that does not work, a scrub pad can be used to gently brush off residue. Mauro used Scotch-Brite Heavy Duty Scouring Pads, manufactured by 3M ( These can be found at home centers, department stores, and grocery stores.
About Ask This Old House TV:
Homeowners have a virtual truckload of questions for us on smaller projects, and we’re ready to answer. Ask This Old House solves the steady stream of home improvement problems faced by our viewers—and we make house calls! Ask This Old House features some familiar faces from This Old House, including Kevin O’Connor, general contractor Tom Silva, plumbing and heating expert Richard Trethewey, and landscape contractor Roger Cook.
Follow This Old House and Ask This Old House:
For more on This Old House and Ask This Old House, visit us at:
How to Clean Paintbrushes Like a Pro | Ask This Old House
How To Clean Paintbrushes Like A Pro | Ask This Old House Related Info:
Description: How To Clean Paintbrushes Like A Pro | Ask This Old House WA. Vids on QBClean; House Cleaning Service Kenmore, WA. Tags: 1-3 Minutes, Ask This Old House, Cle
Related City: Kenmore, Washington
How To Clean Paintbrushes Like A Pro | Ask This Old House – Tags
1-3 Minutes, Ask This Old House, Cleaning, Diy, Diy Ideas, Home Improvement, Home Renovation Ideas On A Budget, How To Build, How To Fix, How To Install, Kevin O’connor, Kevin O’connor Ask This Old House, Kevin O’connor House, Kevin O’connor Interview, Kevin O’connor This Old House, Mauro Henrique, Paintbrushes, Painting, Renovation, Renovation Ideas, This Old House