Airbnb Cleaning fee vs Cleaning Service by QBClean Seattle
Airbnb Cleaning fee vs Cleaning Service by QBClean Seattle : Being an Airbnb host can be a great source of extra income, and a lot of fun. However, the not so glamorous side, cleaning, oftentimes leaves a host frustrated and overwhelmed.
As a host you probably have asked yourself; How many hours do you spend on cleaning up when your guests check out? Do you clean every day during their stay? How do you know what to charge for a cleaning fee? What is the difference between an Airbnb cleaning fee vs cleaning service?
Setting an appropriate and fair cleaning fee is an important aspect of being a successful Airbnb host. This will not only ensure you have happy guests but helps you receive top reviews.
What is an Airbnb Cleaning Fee?
A cleaning fee on Airbnb is a one-time fee charged to guests to cover the cost of cleaning once they depart the rental. This fee can be used to replace cleaning supplies, to pay a cleaning company, replace towels and bedsheets, fix any damages, etc. It is up to the host how the money is used, and some even incorporate it into the nightly fee.
What to Consider when Setting a Cleaning Fee
When deciding on what to charge for a cleaning fee on your Airbnb rental, it is important to consider a few things:
- Type and size of the property- If your place is a luxury rental, or a bigger home, you are going to want to charge more than a small studio apartment.
- Know your competition- Research what others around you are charging for their fee. A place in Kenmore, WA will have a smaller fee than a place in Las Vegas.
- What are you expecting from your guests?- If you charge a smaller fee, guests most likely won’t have a problem if you communicate that they need to strip the beds and take the trash out before they depart.
- Professional Services- Hiring a cleaning company to come in after each guest’s stay can be beneficial. Just be sure you know exactly what they will cover, and adjust your cleaning fee accordingly. At Queen Bee Cleaning Services, for example, we supply high-quality linen, towels, toiletries, and supplies.
- Experiment- If you are getting a lot of bookings, try increasing the fee a bit. This can help you determine your “sweet spot” when it comes to cleaning fees.
Average Airbnb Cleaning Fee – Airbnb Cleaning fee vs Cleaning Service by QBClean Seattle
On average, Airbnb hosts are charging around $65 for cleaning fee per stay and $100 if using a cleaning company. You can add your cleaning fee to your listing by following these directions.
What Airbnb Cleaning Choices are there?
When it comes to keeping your Airbnb spotless and top-notch, there are a few different options:
- Cleaning every day/every few days– Your guests may not like this, so be sure to communicate with them prior to their stay.
- Stocking rental with cleaning supplies- This allows your guest to clean, and leaves you with less to do when they leave. Be sure to be detailed on what needs to be done, and make sure your cleaning fee price reflects the help from guest.
- Cleaning after check out- Have a specific time for checkout and start cleaning soon after.
- Hire a cleaning company-If your place it too large, you don’t live close by, or just can’t find the time, a cleaning company is the best option.
Airbnb Cleaning fee vs Cleaning Service by QBClean Seattle : Queen Bee Cleaning Services specializes in Airbnb cleanings and makes sure that your rental is always ready for every guest! We are proud to serve the Bothell, Burien, Kenmore, Seattle areas, and beyond. Feel free to call us at 425-786-1360 with any questions or to set up your Airbnb cleanings!
Be sure to check out our other tips for Airbnb owners as well.